2023 Election Candidate Information:
2023 Candidate Filing Deadline: 12:00pm (Noon) on Thursday, June 1, 2023 (K.S.A. 25-1109)
• Candidates may file by petition or filing fee for all city offices (K.S.A. 25-205). There are two ways to become a candidate. Any person may become a candidate for City office elected at large:
- By having had filed on their behalf, a nomination petition signed by two registered voters of the City of Silver Lake, accompanied by any fee required by law.
- By a declaration of candidacy, accompanied by any fee required by law.
• Candidates for office in cities of the 3rd class (including Silver Lake) file at the Shawnee County Election Office, 3420 SW Van Buren Street, Topeka, Kansas. (K.S.A. 25-2110(a)) All city offices are elected on a non-partisan basis. The Cities of the 3rd Class used the Election at Large method of election.
• A primary election shall only be held if more than three (3) times the number of candidates (file for office) as there are positions to be elected. (K.S.A. 25-2108a(c) )
• Filing Fee payments of cash or checks are accepted. Make all checks payable to Shawnee County. The filing fee for Silver Lake is $20.00.
• Election Day is Tuesday, November 7, 2023